OriginStamp is a web-based, trusted timestamping service that uses the decentralized blockchain to store anonymous, tamper-proof timestamps for any digital content. OriginStamp allows users to hash files, emails, or plain text, and subsequently store the created hashes in the blockchain as well as retrieve and verify timestamps that have been committed to the blockchain. OriginStamp is free of charge and easy to use. It enables anyone, e.g., students, researchers, authors, journalists, or artists, to prove that they were the originator of certain information at a given point in time.
About this Documentation
The documentation you are viewing describes the usage and benefits of the OriginStamp Dashboard and the OriginStamp API.
Both services can be used separately or in combination. They have the following differences:
- The OriginStamp Dashboard is a web-based application that allows you to
- obtain an manage your API key
- manage your subscription
- view your API usage
- control your account
- view invoices
- a graphical interface for interactions with the API
- The OriginStamp API is a program interface that allows you to
- create and verify timestamps
- check for and download proofs
- easily embed the aforementioned actions within your own software
- and execute them in an automated fashion
Accordingly, this documentation is divided into three parts:
- The Guide that walks you through the setup of your account, how to obtain an API key and how to use both the OriginStamp Dashboard and the OriginStamp API.
- The OriginStamp Dashboard part focusing on the use of the OriginStamp Dashboard and how to use it to manage your account, subscription and API key.
- The OriginStamp API part emphasizing the embedded use of the OriginStamp API within your own custom pieces of software to automate tamper-proof timestamping for your business cases.
You can use both the OriginStamp API and the OriginStamp Dashboard free of charge with a limited amount of monthly credits. For more extensive use cases, our paid plans are well-suited.
OriginStamp currently supports the following blockchain currencies with the specified timestamping interval.
|Südkurier||~ 24 hours||Media Blockchain||100|
The main reasoning behind this selection is market capitalization and corresponding reliability of timestamps.
We are always open for extending our set of currencies if required for certain use cases. Please contact us if applicable for your project.